11 things to leave behind and grow beyond
- Letting other people write your life’s story. You could spend your whole life worrying about what other people think of you, or what they want for you, but it won’t get you very far.
- The fear of making mistakes. – Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future; not cause you to be afraid of it. Be less afraid of making a mess out of your life. In the long-run things rarely turn out as planned, just better than you ever imagined.
- The belief that ‘perfect’ means the same thing to everyone. Perfect is the way we are now. Perfect is exclusively unique. We are all perfect just the way we are.
- Negative thinking. It is our thoughts that really dictate the way we feel, so why not choose thoughts that make you feel amazing?
- Doing something just because others are. Don’t make a decision based solely on popularity. Just because other people are doing it doesn’t mean it’s the best choice for you.
- Not following your intuition. Really think about it. What is it that you really want to do with your life? Forget what you think you should do. What excites you? What feels impossible? Be honest with yourself.
- Procrastinating on your goals and passions. The difference between who you are and who you want to be, is what you do. Yes, it will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. It will require sacrifice.
- The belief that failure is the opposite of success.Failure becomes success when we learn from it. If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
- Showing a lack of respect. What goes around comes around in the world. You get respect when you give respect.
- People who want you to be someone else. Be yourself. People will love you for it, and if they don’t, let them go.
- People who are already gone. There are no failed relationships, because every person in your life has a lesson to teach.
Taken from Marc and Angel Hack Life.